Funny fact: All parks in Pune are closed every day from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. for no apparent reason. That's just the rule..even though those are prime playing hours!!
You also have to pay to get into the park...
I didn't know that last time but today I was prepared. It cost 20 rupees per person the other day when we went (which is a little less than 50 cents) but today when we got there, the man told me that it was 3 rupees total. (mere pennies). I kept asking him to clarify because I was so confused and he kept telling me, "yes- only 3 rupees." "Okay, great!" I thought. But then he throws in, "No balls allowed" and points to Bennett's soccer ball. "No balls?" I ask. "Why?"
"No balls," he just keeps repeating. Okay...well, now this really makes no sense. Where else in a city would you go to play soccer? Plus, we brought a ball the other day when we came and played with it and there was no rule about balls aaaand I can see other people out on the grassy area playing ball??? But we complied and... no soccer! Bennett was not a happy camper!
That just gives you a little glimpse of India in a nutshell! :) The price to get into the park is whatever the guy at the gate wants it to be that day and if he wants to make a rule about a ball- then he can. You just have to roll with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment