Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Village People

Brent's parents came to visit so it's been such a treat to get to spend time with them and show them life in India. They have been very adventurous and have done all kinds of things! They even took a short trip by themselves to Delhi and Agra to see the Taj Mahal!

Last night was their last night so we decided to eat at this restaurant that was supposed to be a sampler of life in the different villages across India. The waiters wore traditional Indian clothes, they had it decorated like varying villages, had an assortment of food, fun music, etc. It was pretty hilarious! Here are a few pictures from our dinner:


Our first family picture since we got to India... Sutton and Bennett were headed quickly for a meltdown because it was so late but we managed to capture one beforehand.


Betsy holding Sutton... she spent most of the dinner walking him around trying to keep him from crying! Indians eat dinner very late- usually around 10:00 p.m. so the restaurants don't even open until around 7:30 p.m. which is a problem when your kids go to bed at 8:00! :) Eating out with our family, that late, usually doesn't go too well!

The waiters made me wear their hat and insisted that I put this camel outfit on! It was pretty humiliating because they all gathered around to watch but the kids thought it was great so Gary and I went along with the fun!


Above is Anna Claire eating an Indian popsicle made from the Village Popsicle guy below. (Doesn't he look happy?!) He made it out of a huge block of ice and then you picked the flavored syrup you wanted. It was like a snowcone so I got really excited because I thought the kids would love it! The only problem is that Bennett has been throwing up since about 5:30 this morning and I'm pretty sure it's from that popsicle... I don't think that the ice was filtered. :( I didn't realize that until too late. Poor buddy!

We had a great time at the restaurant! The longer I'm here, though, the less I like the food! I just can hardly eat all those crazy spices and mixtures so I end up eating plain white rice and plain bread everywhere! I'm turning out to be as bad as the kids! :) Brent, however, will eat ANYthing!! He has to have some Indian genes somewhere in him because he'll even choose Indian food over American food when given the opportunity! He loves it so an Indian buffet was right up his alley!

No comments:

Post a Comment