Another example of this was Anna Claire had a big sore on her face for about a week, it went away, & then came back again last week. Well, EVERYone we saw had an opinion about it (keep in mind, these were all unsolicited opinions!) Annie thought it was because of the hot weather, Ulhas freaked out and demanded to know what happened and then insisted that I take her to the hospital (his answer to everything!), people on the street stopped to look at it, etc, etc. I finally took her to the doctor who just told me that her "immune system was low" and to give her vitamin C & some ointment (code for she wasn't really sure what it was). {For the record, I'm pretty sure it was just a big fever blister but just wanted to get it looked at to be safe}.
Well, we were at the pool and my friend grabbed Anna Claire's face and said, "What happened? What is this?" When I told her what the doctor said, she said, with absolute authority, "Oh no, it is not her immunity. Look at her- she is very strong and healthy. I think she has allergic. She has allergic to mangoes." ????? The funniest thing was she never even asked if we'd eaten any mangoes (which we haven't!). She just decided that was the answer! I could hardly keep a straight face because it just struck me as so funny but I didn't argue with her...I just smiled and said okay!
Some things I'm learning to be more forceful about because it is necessary in this culture (& not deemed rude as we would think) but it is so stretching for me because it's outside of my normal personality! If you see me when we get home and I start trying to boss you around... well.. now you'll know why! :)
Anna Claire's "fever blister" as it was almost healed up!
No comments:
Post a Comment